As I mentioned in a previous post, I am on a personal mission to read a variety of Croatian novels, translated into English. After completing each book, I will review the title on my blog, as well as make notes about various authors and novels on this page. As I’ve discovered over the months, my options are not extensive, so I may have to venture into non-fiction territory. However, some of you provided such a great and interesting list of suggestions, I think my only challenge will be locating them at the library or a bookstore. My intention is to keep a running list of Croatian links, authors, and literary information for future reference.
In addition to Croatian books, I am very interested in reading other Slavic writers translated into English. Ukrainian, Polish, and Russian etc. fiction is also of interest to me.
Please feel free to leave helpful links or book recommendations in the comments!
Check out Ooligan Press for titles from its Croatian Series
1. A Castle in Romagna by Igor Stiks (Croatian/Serbian)
2. The Ministry of Pain by Dubravka Ugresic (Croatian)
3. The Funeral Party by Ludmila Ulitskaya (Russian)
4. Snow Man by David Albahari (Canadian/Croatian/Serbian)
5. Frida’s Bed by Slavenka Drakulic (Croatian)
6. Two Underdogs and a Cat by Slavenka Drakulic (Croatian)
7. Zagreb Exit South by Edo Popovic (Croatian)
8. The Survival League by Gordan Nuhanovic (Croatian)
9. Thirst by Andrei Gelasimov (Russian)